Honda Freed Singapore
The forum of the Freeders
Welcome on the Honda Freed Singapore.

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Enjoy this forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Honda Freed Singapore
The forum of the Freeders
Welcome on the Honda Freed Singapore.

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Enjoy this forum.
Honda Freed Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we install this head unit in our beloved Freed?

3 posters

Go down

Can we install this head unit in our beloved Freed? Empty Can we install this head unit in our beloved Freed?

Post by rudylili Wed 27 Feb 2013, 1:13 pm

Hi people,

Kind of sick of looking at Display all the time.
I am thinking of switching to this sort of head unit, the one that can retract the LCD within.;

Pioneer AVH-5450dvd
Can we install this head unit in our beloved Freed? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnu4O8ZQy04iH6JBSLomVmHbnzGvXsSOM9NxtMFae3HthkiiNjmQ

What is your say, guys!!!???
rudylili
rudylili

Back to top Go down

Can we install this head unit in our beloved Freed? Empty Re: Can we install this head unit in our beloved Freed?

Post by DADDYCOOL Tue 05 Mar 2013, 2:14 am

bro rudy if you planning to go single din, what are you going to use the extra space for? anyway its a very nice headunit from Pioneer!

i myself was looking at this configuration:

Clarion VZ401 (Top din) Can we install this head unit in our beloved Freed? Pepper10Can we install this head unit in our beloved Freed? Pepper10Can we install this head unit in our beloved Freed? Pepper10
Can we install this head unit in our beloved Freed? Vz401_10

Clarion HX-D2 (Bottom din) Can we install this head unit in our beloved Freed? Pepper10Can we install this head unit in our beloved Freed? Pepper10Can we install this head unit in our beloved Freed? Pepper10
Can we install this head unit in our beloved Freed? Vhxd2_10
DADDYCOOL
DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Can we install this head unit in our beloved Freed? Empty Re: Can we install this head unit in our beloved Freed?

Post by rudylili Tue 05 Mar 2013, 6:59 am

Yo Daddycool,

For this retract type of player, the only concern that i have is the tilting angle of the LCD. As it come out from the tray position and stood up at 90degree right, unfortunately our dashboard is somehow not straight or should i say incline at a certain degree.

Therefore i worry our display will be tilted backwards when viewing. Any option/function to tilt it straight from the player?
rudylili
rudylili

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarjar4 Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:41 am

Hi Bro Rudylili,

Just to share my previous experiences using In-dash screens..

Pros :
1) Save space and free up the 2nd DIN
2) LCD neatly tucked in, discreet looking and hidden from public view

Cons:
1) Prolong usage eventually cause the sliding mechanism to jam (it happened to mine)
2) Though the LCD tilt angle can be adjusted, but i don't like the feel when i 'poke' the screen, it has a slight - push-back feeling (ok, i'm just fussy..)
3) if you are the type of person who drives with the LCD retracted, everytime you want to change a source or song, you need to have it extended and then retracted again... (this can be workaround if you have a wheel remote which support this HU)

just my personal opinions..
/JJ
Jarjar4
Jarjar4

Back to top Go down

Post by rudylili Tue 05 Mar 2013, 11:47 am

Yo jarjar4,

Thanks for the valuable inputs....hmmm....now i do have 2nd thoughts on getting the retractable LCD player.
How about using the remote control to skip tracks? But one thing is we can't skip to other folder.

Shall see how much i could get to really tempted me to switch to single din.
rudylili
rudylili

Back to top Go down

Post by DADDYCOOL Tue 12 Mar 2013, 2:02 am

have to agree with bro jj pointers. but can anyone confirm whether the screen can be left without retracting? scratch

if so then i dun mind trying out!
albino
DADDYCOOL
DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarjar4 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 11:44 pm

DADDYCOOL wrote:have to agree with bro jj pointers. but can anyone confirm whether the screen can be left without retracting? scratch

if so then i dun mind trying out!
albino

bro ed,

Cannot. As long as it's a motorised tray, when you off your ignition, it will auto retract.

The only type that won't auto retract is those manual in-dash type.. means you have to 'press to eject' the in-dash LCD when you want to 'pop it out' to use..
Jarjar4
Jarjar4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum