Honda Freed Singapore
The forum of the Freeders
Welcome on the Honda Freed Singapore.

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Enjoy this forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Honda Freed Singapore
The forum of the Freeders
Welcome on the Honda Freed Singapore.

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Enjoy this forum.
Honda Freed Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any other major servicing parts need to take note of?

+2
DADDYCOOL
rudylili
6 posters

Go down

Any other major servicing parts need to take note of? Empty Any other major servicing parts need to take note of?

Post by rudylili Sat 16 Feb 2013, 7:28 pm

Hi people,

What are the major servicing do I need to take note of?
Appreciate for any pointers!
rudylili
rudylili

Back to top Go down

Any other major servicing parts need to take note of? Empty Re: Any other major servicing parts need to take note of?

Post by DADDYCOOL Sun 17 Feb 2013, 9:28 pm

bro rudy, actually your mileage quite high! you doing sales? Razz

maybe you can think of changing your suspension!
Twisted Evil

http://www.hondafreedsg.com/t892-shock-absorbers
DADDYCOOL
DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Any other major servicing parts need to take note of? Empty Re: Any other major servicing parts need to take note of?

Post by rudylili Mon 18 Feb 2013, 11:35 am

Hi daddycool,

No i am not doing sales......just like to enjoy my ride.
Suspension? Hmmm.....is there anyway i can ask to check on the condition?
And by the way, how much is the cost for changing to original suspension.

Any other servicing parts to take note of?
Brake fluid, anyone ever change before? at what mileage?

Last edited by rudylili on Wed 20 Feb 2013, 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
rudylili
rudylili

Back to top Go down

Post by sutoh80 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 7:25 am

Ya. How to check suspension? Recently I notice my ride had been sway left right on straight road but no problem crossing hump. I had installed anti-roll, strut, front 2 and 4 bar. Even my CO had also complain the ride is rough now.

sutoh80

Back to top Go down

Post by rudylili Wed 20 Feb 2013, 8:51 am

Hi sutoh80,

U might want to go check out your wheel alignment and balancing.
Go check it out faster, or else one of your wheels will wear out faster on one side.
rudylili
rudylili

Back to top Go down

Post by DADDYCOOL Fri 22 Feb 2013, 11:19 am

rudylili wrote:
Brake fluid, anyone ever change before? at what mileage?

bro rudy, the brake fluid will be checked during your regular servicing! flower
DADDYCOOL
DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Post by DADDYCOOL Fri 22 Feb 2013, 11:22 am

rudylili wrote:Hi sutoh80,

U might want to go check out your wheel alignment and balancing.
Go check it out faster, or else one of your wheels will wear out faster on one side.

yup bro st80, i concur with bro rudy! better take some time off to have it checked, better safe than sorry! Basketball
DADDYCOOL
DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Post by sutoh80 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:08 am

Thanks Bros for the advise. I intend to go JB to check on new shoes for my Freed. Thinking of changing to Continental MC5. My size is 205/50/16. Heard selling ard RM 300 for each tyre.

BTW, I still think Jap Freed is more stable than Indo freed. I had own both before and I can feel the difference. Maybe is because of the height of the wheel arch. Do you notice the wheel arch of Indo freed is bigger?

sutoh80

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacklim Tue 26 Feb 2013, 2:11 pm

Anyone can adv?

how many litre we need for our gearbox oil?
Planning to change it and CASTROL MTF 80w90 suitable?

Jacklim

Back to top Go down

Post by rudylili Tue 26 Feb 2013, 3:19 pm

Yo Jack,

Any other major servicing parts need to take note of? 238929184

I bought a 3.5 litre CVTF from a JB workshop around RM130(plus labour)
Castrol MTF 80w90? I thought is better to use back stock transmission fluid?
rudylili
rudylili

Back to top Go down

Post by rudylili Tue 26 Feb 2013, 11:56 pm

Hi people,

I have learnt from a colleague of mine telling me that the Radiator coolant need to be replaced every 2 years.
It was not suppose to use normal water in it as it will cause rust within the Radiator tank.
Anyone know what/where to buy this coolant?
rudylili
rudylili

Back to top Go down

Post by rudylili Wed 27 Feb 2013, 1:08 pm

sutoh80 wrote:Thanks Bros for the advise. I intend to go JB to check on new shoes for my Freed. Thinking of changing to Continental MC5. My size is 205/50/16. Heard selling ard RM 300 for each tyre.

BTW, I still think Jap Freed is more stable than Indo freed. I had own both before and I can feel the difference. Maybe is because of the height of the wheel arch. Do you notice the wheel arch of Indo freed is bigger?

Hi Sutoh80,

I am thinking of changing my set of tyres as well....you want to go change together? Hopefully can get better discount for 2 cars.
I am thinking of changing to(choice of 3):
1) Goodyear S$140 (River Valley Road) + Free Nitrogen top up.
2) Your recommendation, Continental Tyres RM$300. Where?
3) Back to Falken RM$260/tyre at Taman U.
rudylili
rudylili

Back to top Go down

Post by sutoh80 Fri 01 Mar 2013, 4:02 am

Hi Bro Rudyliii,

2 cars go no discount. I went with my friend and they are firm with the price.

I change at Hawk Tyres at Southern City in JB. Initially wanted to buy Continental MC 5 but was talk into buying Goodyear Directional 5 by showing me all the comparison.

Continental MC 5 can be found between RM 300 to 350 at JB tyre shop ( very big Conti signboard) depend on the shop. It is made in Malaysia.

My Goodyear Directional 5 cost me RM 350 (205/50/16) made in Thailand manufacture in week 50 year 12. The price package come with computer alignment, Nitrogen, and balancing. I trade in my 6 mths Yokohama ES 501 for RM 80 each. So after trade in is RM 270 per tyre.

So far the new tyre serve me good. It quiet, hard side wall and good braking in the wet and dry.

You may want check with them Very Happy

sutoh80

Back to top Go down

Post by DADDYCOOL Tue 05 Mar 2013, 2:40 am

rudylili wrote:Hi people,

I have learnt from a colleague of mine telling me that the Radiator coolant need to be replaced every 2 years.
It was not suppose to use normal water in it as it will cause rust within the Radiator tank.
Anyone know what/where to buy this coolant?

wah bro rudy, you really sayang your FREED! want to go change leather cover together? Razz

anyway this coolant issue is quite interesting as i have seen on TV that there are better and more efficient coolant in the market.
i also want to learn more and want to know what kind of costs we are looking at! hope any HFSG members can share their experience or knowledge!
[b] Suspect
DADDYCOOL
DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Post by rudylili Tue 05 Mar 2013, 6:39 am

Yo Daddycool,

I have found out from a malaysian workshop which i regular go to.
THey charges me RM$35/litre and our radiator require 4litres to fill up.

Leather cover change.....i have think of that as well.
Any good quotation u got from your side?
rudylili
rudylili

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:29 am

rudy,

where is this workshop?

bobby
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by rudylili Tue 05 Mar 2013, 11:44 am

Hi bobby,

The workshop is at Tun Aminah area. Do not venture there alone...
The place has high crime rate. I would suggest you to check out any other workshop to compare with the quotation that i have put up.
rudylili
rudylili

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Tue 05 Mar 2013, 1:40 pm

hahahaha. ok thanks.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by rudylili Tue 05 Mar 2013, 7:03 pm

Hi people,

Any idea what sort of coolant should we get for our Freed's radiator?
Is this the one?

Any other major servicing parts need to take note of? 679694d1361942190-coolant-just-

Any other major servicing parts need to take note of? 679696d1361942190-coolant-just-water-my-new-ride-dsc00238_c1j_pakwheels-com-

Did u guys read that black line " Do not add water to this anti-freeze coolant"
I saw my workshop ppl, always top up normal water for me on the radiator!!! sheeexxx.....i think have to drain and re-top up with this coolant.
rudylili
rudylili

Back to top Go down

Post by DADDYCOOL Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:58 am

wah bro rudy, i think our default coolant not so good! but if you are changing, you have to get very professional help;

and not any ikan bilis workshop! mechanic must know what to do and how to do!!!
geek
DADDYCOOL
DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Post by rudylili Mon 18 Mar 2013, 12:00 pm

The ikan bilis workshop is actually in Singapore.
Mega Auto, at Sin Ming Area. They're quite big actually. Various branches.
They take over STARs Motor Inssurance workshop.
rudylili
rudylili

Back to top Go down

Post by hooray_fun Mon 18 Mar 2013, 1:50 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Here in ASIA need anti-freeze coolant meh Question Question Question
hooray_fun
hooray_fun

Back to top Go down

Post by rudylili Tue 19 Mar 2013, 12:11 am

That is the thing i am confuse too.
Perhaps i didn't look hard enough, i did a google search on Honda Authentic Radiator Coolant. All the results come out to be Anti-freeze related coolant.
Will check with stockist about the coolant thing.
rudylili
rudylili

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum