Honda Freed Singapore
The forum of the Freeders
Welcome on the Honda Freed Singapore.

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Enjoy this forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Honda Freed Singapore
The forum of the Freeders
Welcome on the Honda Freed Singapore.

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Enjoy this forum.
Honda Freed Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stiff Ring

5 posters

Go down

Stiff Ring Empty Stiff Ring

Post by sutoh80 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 6:16 pm

Any Bro install stiff ring on Freed before? Any different in feeling after installed?

Was offered $150 for Front and back exclude installation in Vios forum.

Please comment.

Thanks

sutoh80

Back to top Go down

Stiff Ring Empty Re: Stiff Ring

Post by DADDYCOOL Wed 11 Jul 2012, 1:50 am

wah bro st80, i dunno much about such rings, maybe you try out first and share with us?!!! Stiff Ring Brows24
DADDYCOOL
DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzGD1 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 7:31 am

For those who's do not know what is Stiff-Ring about...

Stiff Ring Stiffring
Stiff Ring is a washer like ring that is being used to correct the position of the actual washer when it is attached to subframe. Stiff Ring made of special formula aluminium which used in aircraft frame building. It used to correct the car body basic geometry by filling the gap between the sub frame bolts, sub frame and the car body bolt hole. Car engine, transmission, suspension and the body shelf are mounted on the sub frame. Thus, correcting the geometry setup with Stiff Ring, the car handling will be improved significantly.

I will not going for this. Cos Japanese(Honda) are not the first day building a car.

Last edited by HFSG on Wed 11 Jul 2012, 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
JazzGD1
JazzGD1

Back to top Go down

Post by sevenseaters Wed 11 Jul 2012, 11:31 am

Salute for the technical info to you Mr. Oyabun...

Not a single doubt we have choosen you as president of the club who always having thousands of reasons for not attending regular monthly meet up Mad cheers Razz

About this topic, i have no further comments as i know very minimum on tech aspect... That's why i keep my tech settings as origin as virgin as genuine factory makes.

sevenseaters
sevenseaters

Back to top Go down

Post by sutoh80 Sat 14 Jul 2012, 1:16 pm

Yup Will try it out but got to wait for the group buy to fullfilled 10 orders.

Got a fix of response from the internet. Some people say very good. Some say no effect.

Question

sutoh80

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzGD1 Sun 15 Jul 2012, 11:10 am

Correct me if I am wrong, I will say Freed is not like Civic... We know Freed is a well build powerful mini MPV(compare to other 1.5 MPV), but it still can't compare to performance chassis like Civic... So I don't thing this "Load of The Ring" can do much to improve our ride handling. But I got no say if you insist, anyway money is your...

I will suggest to use this money for other accessories like body kit, coil-over, sports-rims... or ICEs. All this mod up you can see & feel it everyday even it is parked.

For me I will go for ICE, that I enjoy every time I drive or waiting to pickup my OC or kids...

*Note: $150 can get a under-seat active sub-woofer, and you can gain extra bass with stock ICE setup. Or get yourself a set of car alarm with this money. bounce
JazzGD1
JazzGD1

Back to top Go down

Post by DADDYCOOL Mon 16 Jul 2012, 1:15 pm

HFSG wrote:
*Note: $150 can get a under-seat active sub-woofer, and you can gain extra bass with stock ICE setup. Or get yourself a set of car alarm with this money. bounce

$150 can get a pair of eclipse satellite speakers!

just nice i have one for sale!!!
flower

PS: $150 more than enuf, still got change! tongue
DADDYCOOL
DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzGD1 Mon 16 Jul 2012, 8:03 pm

DADDYCOOL wrote:
$150 can get a pair of eclipse satellite speakers!

just nice i have one for sale!!!
flower

PS: $150 more than enuf, still got change! tongue
Curious to know what model and how this satellite look like? For home or car?
JazzGD1
JazzGD1

Back to top Go down

Post by DADDYCOOL Tue 17 Jul 2012, 2:16 am

HFSG wrote:Curious to know what model and how this satellite look like? For home or car?

Boss for car lah ... tongue

Stiff Ring Eclip510

DADDYCOOL
DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Post by sutoh80 Wed 25 Jul 2012, 12:31 pm

Hi bro here. Just install front stiff ring on my freed. Rear not suitable even though the package say ok. Got a refund from the seller on the rear.

Overall, after installation this is what I observe:

1. Car steering left right over uneven road - up 30%
2. Over hump comfort - up 20%
3. Conering - no different
4. Chassis noise - up 10%

As I only install the front notice the feeling is a bit different when crossing hump between front and back.

Juz my 2 cts opinion. Smile

sutoh80

Back to top Go down

Post by DADDYCOOL Wed 01 Aug 2012, 1:03 am

sutoh80 wrote:Hi bro here. Just install front stiff ring on my freed. Rear not suitable even though the package say ok. Got a refund from the seller on the rear.

As I only install the front notice the feeling is a bit different when crossing hump between front and back.

thanks for the feedback bro st80! so you only paid a nett amt of $75 for the rings with install?

time needed to install? maybe if having the rings on all fours there could be a diff in cornering!
Twisted Evil
DADDYCOOL
DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Post by sutoh80 Wed 01 Aug 2012, 5:57 pm

not $75. I paid $150 include installation on the stiff ring. Did'nt install back coz it does'nt fit. or else will be $200 include installation.

BTW, I did'nt notice any improve in cornering. Just feel less chasis noise and better feeling over hump or uneven road.

sutoh80

Back to top Go down

Post by jack86sg Sun 19 Aug 2012, 4:51 pm

sutoh80 wrote:Hi bro here. Just install front stiff ring on my freed. Rear not suitable even though the package say ok. Got a refund from the seller on the rear.

Hi Bro,

Remember me? lolz.. Yup, you are right. This will not improve your conering. This mod is to stable your subframe chasis for better handling and more precise in your steering control.

And you will feel your steering more tighter and when crossing hump you will feel your car more rigid which is the purpose of this mod.

jack86sg

Back to top Go down

Post by jack86sg Sun 19 Aug 2012, 4:56 pm

Just to add on, WHY?? to buy this stiff ring..

Factory fitted vehicles are on mass production. The bolts to your subframe will have some free-play for the bolt, hence this stiff ring will fill up the free-space of your ride giving you better handling of your car while enhancing your comfort level as there will be lesser vibration/noise from your chassis.

For those accident vehicle, after restoring back to original state most of the time your subframe will be shifted. Therefore, after installing this Stiff Ring it will correct your chassis geometry and lock at the "right" position.

jack86sg

Back to top Go down

Post by DADDYCOOL Thu 23 Aug 2012, 1:46 am

jack86sg wrote:Just to add on, WHY?? to buy this stiff ring..

Factory fitted vehicles are on mass production. The bolts to your subframe will have some free-play for the bolt, hence this stiff ring will fill up the free-space of your ride giving you better handling of your car while enhancing your comfort level as there will be lesser vibration/noise from your chassis.

For those accident vehicle, after restoring back to original state most of the time your subframe will be shifted. Therefore, after installing this Stiff Ring it will correct your chassis geometry and lock at the "right" position.

so bro jack86, are you also using this rings? Twisted Evil
DADDYCOOL
DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Post by jack86sg Thu 23 Aug 2012, 2:41 pm

DADDYCOOL wrote:
jack86sg wrote:Just to add on, WHY?? to buy this stiff ring..

so bro jack86, are you also using this rings? Twisted Evil

Hi daddycool, yes I had installed in my own ride as well as my family vehicles. As the improvement is not only base on comments from end user. Its a mod which you will definately feel the improvement from your daily driven vehicle. In fact, I seeking interest in this forum before I organize a GB here.

jack86sg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum