Honda Freed Singapore
The forum of the Freeders
Welcome on the Honda Freed Singapore.

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Enjoy this forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Honda Freed Singapore
The forum of the Freeders
Welcome on the Honda Freed Singapore.

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Enjoy this forum.
Honda Freed Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade in used rim and tires

4 posters

Go down

Trade in used rim and tires Empty Trade in used rim and tires

Post by Jacklim Mon 25 Jun 2012, 8:21 pm

Hi ppl,

Need your advise.
Was planning to change and downgrade from 17" to 16" rim. Becoz 1 week ago 1 sales guy from stamford told me my rim abit.out of shape and he did show me and also the tires also going to worn off.

Due to budget constraint,
Today went to AL tyres coorporation and check.

He offer me $110/each for nexen n7000 205/50/r16

And a replica adavn $550 1 set.
http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?autocom=classified&req=showprod&product=42325

He say he will trade in my 17" ssw and falken tyre for $220.

Do you think the trade in is ok? And the rim and tyre i going to get is it ok due to my budget constraint?

Thanks for help.

Jacklim

Back to top Go down

Trade in used rim and tires Empty Re: Trade in used rim and tires

Post by Dr stein Mon 25 Jun 2012, 9:06 pm

if yur budget doesnt allow u...then just trade in...no point keepin extra rim....unless its made in japan ...just my opinion...
Dr stein
Dr stein

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacklim Mon 25 Jun 2012, 9:12 pm

But for the price of $220 is it ok?
Embarassed

Jacklim

Back to top Go down

Post by sevenseaters Tue 26 Jun 2012, 3:24 pm

not to add on the fire, but if you take $220 for your 17" they will enjoy huge mark-up when they sell it again.

Bargain for more, at least another $70-$80
$300 is fair enough (assumption your rims in good shape at least 8-9 out of 10)

And if you can consider, try H-Tyre at bendermeer road
Not to suggest you to take it from them, but just a comparisson, i did trade it my chicken leg 14" to 17" for $400
cheers

sevenseaters
sevenseaters

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacklim Wed 15 Aug 2012, 1:38 pm

After 2 mths of installation for my rim, now then j realise why my front wheel is quite protruding outside. google online then found out this is illegal. Is my rim offset is wrong.
When down to the shop and ask, they told me the rim offset is 38. all their rim they have for 16" offset is 38 or 40. So even if i change the rim to offset is no diff. He told me afyermarket rim size is like that one.

He suggest me go install a mud guard or he can lend me 2 orignal jazz rim for inspection.

Aiyoh....really dont knw leh

Jacklim

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzGD1 Wed 15 Aug 2012, 2:51 pm

Jacklim wrote:After 2 mths of installation for my rim, now then j realise why my front wheel is quite protruding outside. google online then found out this is illegal. Is my rim offset is wrong.
When down to the shop and ask, they told me the rim offset is 38. all their rim they have for 16" offset is 38 or 40. So even if i change the rim to offset is no diff. He told me afyermarket rim size is like that one.

He suggest me go install a mud guard or he can lend me 2 orignal jazz rim for inspection.

Aiyoh....really dont knw leh
Wow!!! what type of workshop is this? How can they just tell you "is like that one" Evil or Very Mad Mad
If they do not have the correct offset rims for your Freed, they should not install and have to let you know or re-order for you, how can they just install/sell it to you and then start telling you all this crap????

Our Freed offset should 42. Correct me if I am wrong.
JazzGD1
JazzGD1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacklim Wed 15 Aug 2012, 4:10 pm

Sorry,i shld rephrase myself.

He meant now in the market is almost 38 or 40 offset..

I have check all his rim for 16" is really 38 or 40.

Im upset is why at first his staff nv tell me and if i knw i will just chage my tyre and not both.

Jacklim

Back to top Go down

Post by sevenseaters Wed 15 Aug 2012, 5:30 pm

Aiyoyo... It feels bad i can imagine,
Knowing that supposely you can change only the tyre...

Nevertheless, the "damage" has been done, what i could suggest you at the moment nothing but to bear with it until you really couldnt take it anymore.

And since it's 2months old tyre and rims, you may still have a chance to replace/trade in with the new one, this time hopefully you do check and recheck...

If you need any help from us, please do not hesitate, you may start joining our regular meet up with band of Freeders from this forum.

At least, i'm pretty sure that i'm surrounded with the bunch of expertise for our ride cheers
sevenseaters
sevenseaters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum