Honda Freed Singapore
The forum of the Freeders
Welcome on the Honda Freed Singapore.

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Enjoy this forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Honda Freed Singapore
The forum of the Freeders
Welcome on the Honda Freed Singapore.

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Enjoy this forum.
Honda Freed Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed HKS super hybrid filter and RS-R down suspension coil

+6
Blue_Angel
JazzGD1
zachery707
Jarjar4
sevenseaters
nickf601
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Installed HKS super hybrid filter and RS-R down suspension coil Empty Installed HKS super hybrid filter and RS-R down suspension coil

Post by nickf601 Sun 20 Mar 2011, 9:37 am

Yesterday , intend to install Jracing or Cardbing strut bars from garage R to improve front steering stability but both company yet to produce any for Freed.

The tech told me car body can be lowered 1" thus improve stability by upgrading my standard coil to RS-R down suspension coil for GB3 Freed model.
I have also changed my standard filter to HKS filter to increase the flow of air into the engine.

Can feel improving steering stability when cornering at Mandai road.

Will feedback more.... just to share

Last edited by nickf601 on Sat 26 Mar 2011, 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
nickf601
nickf601

Back to top Go down

Installed HKS super hybrid filter and RS-R down suspension coil Empty Re: Installed HKS super hybrid filter and RS-R down suspension coil

Post by sevenseaters Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:54 am

Great job bro!!! You pimped on the tech side, pls share the pics, you can poison many brothers here cheers
sevenseaters
sevenseaters

Back to top Go down

Installed HKS super hybrid filter and RS-R down suspension coil Empty Re: Installed HKS super hybrid filter and RS-R down suspension coil

Post by Jarjar4 Sun 20 Mar 2011, 1:09 pm

Nice work... looking forward to your pics... do also share the poison damage.. Tks.
Jarjar4
Jarjar4

Back to top Go down

Post by nickf601 Sun 20 Mar 2011, 3:15 pm

sevenseaters wrote:Great job bro!!! You pimped on the tech side, pls share the pics, you can poison many brothers here cheers

Cannot compare with your 17" rim upgrade..
nickf601
nickf601

Back to top Go down

Post by nickf601 Sun 20 Mar 2011, 4:16 pm

There photos before and after installation

Before
Installed HKS super hybrid filter and RS-R down suspension coil Rsrbefore

After
Installed HKS super hybrid filter and RS-R down suspension coil Rsrafter-1

Damage :

640 incl 2 hours installation
nickf601
nickf601

Back to top Go down

Post by zachery707 Sun 20 Mar 2011, 4:46 pm

Bro, so height lowered how many inchs? Have u tried full load? Isit bouncy? Need feedback coz interested, thnx.
zachery707
zachery707

Back to top Go down

Post by sevenseaters Sun 20 Mar 2011, 10:26 pm

nickf601 wrote:
sevenseaters wrote:Great job bro!!! You pimped on the tech side, pls share the pics, you can poison many brothers here cheers

Bro, paiseh lah, dun say that, i also kena poisoned from the senior, anyway, it's really cool to lower down the height, you reduce the gap quite a lot!!! Without changing the rims.

Your legs surely become more stable, but not so sure whether effects suspension? Harder than before?
sevenseaters
sevenseaters

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzGD1 Mon 21 Mar 2011, 11:46 am

btw, $640 inculded the adjustable camber kits?
JazzGD1
JazzGD1

Back to top Go down

Post by nickf601 Mon 21 Mar 2011, 4:23 pm

zachery707 wrote:Bro, so height lowered how many inchs? Have u tried full load? Isit bouncy? Need feedback coz interested, thnx.

about one inch down, 3 adult + 2 youngsters (sec school) , good and smooth re-bounce compared with stock coil. Clever Japan engineering ..

picture look of the whole car after installation
Installed HKS super hybrid filter and RS-R down suspension coil DSCN0120

Zoom in coil area
Installed HKS super hybrid filter and RS-R down suspension coil DSCN0127
nickf601
nickf601

Back to top Go down

Post by nickf601 Mon 21 Mar 2011, 4:38 pm

sevenseaters wrote:
nickf601 wrote:

Bro, paiseh lah, dun say that, i also kena poisoned from the senior, anyway, it's really cool to lower down the height, you reduce the gap quite a lot!!! Without changing the rims.

Your legs surely become more stable, but not so sure whether effects suspension? Harder than before?

Re-bounce for hump and uneven road surface is soft instead of hard re-bounce compared with stock coil. To me is bonus..
Btw, not sure your combination of 17 " rim + tyre further lower with this coil will have any impact. Eg: rub against the body with load, then no good.

Can drive to Garage R to check with them...
nickf601
nickf601

Back to top Go down

Post by nickf601 Mon 21 Mar 2011, 4:44 pm

Freed_GB3 wrote:btw, $640 inculded the adjustable camber kits?

I just upgrade my suspension coil and other mechanic part is still original. This Japan company specialize in this improvement. They even have the suspension coil for GB4 version. Hope this will help....
nickf601
nickf601

Back to top Go down

Post by zachery707 Mon 21 Mar 2011, 5:52 pm

Nice bro, looks low profile.
zachery707
zachery707

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Angel Mon 21 Mar 2011, 6:52 pm

jocolor
Bro....Nice job ! must see real one ! cheers
Join our meetup next time ok ! Laughing
Blue_Angel
Blue_Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by nickf601 Tue 22 Mar 2011, 1:45 pm

jacklin_FD wrote: jocolor
Bro....Nice job ! must see real one ! cheers
Join our meetup next time ok ! Laughing

OK la
nickf601
nickf601

Back to top Go down

Post by wowgadgets Fri 22 Apr 2011, 8:48 am

Poison come liao on the new suspension coil, I am now with 17 inches rims liao, whats the difference between the RS-R suspension coil and Tien S Tech Spring here http://hfsg.friendhood.net/t45-honda-freed-sport-spring
Thanks for sharing Smile
wowgadgets
wowgadgets

Back to top Go down

Post by DADDYCOOL Fri 22 Apr 2011, 12:10 pm

wowgadgets wrote:Poison come liao on the new suspension coil, I am now with 17 inches rims liao, whats the difference between the RS-R suspension coil and Tien S Tech Spring here http://www.hondafreedsg.com/t45-honda-freed-sport-spring
Thanks for sharing Smile

ah bro gary, you changed your rims? Twisted Evil

got photos?
cyclops

PS: bro so your FREED recover liao? up and running? Installed HKS super hybrid filter and RS-R down suspension coil Afro13
wah you free do a writeup for your case and pics!
DADDYCOOL
DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Post by wowgadgets Sat 23 Apr 2011, 5:19 pm

wasted wrote:
wowgadgets wrote:Poison come liao on the new suspension coil, I am now with 17 inches rims liao, whats the difference between the RS-R suspension coil and Tien S Tech Spring here http://www.hondafreedsg.com/t45-honda-freed-sport-spring
Thanks for sharing Smile

ah bro gary, you changed your rims? Twisted Evil

got photos?
cyclops

PS: bro so your FREED recover liao? up and running? Installed HKS super hybrid filter and RS-R down suspension coil Afro13
wah you free do a writeup for your case and pics!

Hello bro wasted,

Check out the update here http://hfsg.friendhood.net/t25p15-one-neat-looking-rims Razz
wowgadgets
wowgadgets

Back to top Go down

Post by nickf601 Mon 25 Apr 2011, 12:34 pm

bro wow, not sure about Tien S Tech Spring but tested with RSR when driving up Karak highway and enjoy the ride when corning up and down last week. I do not feel my Freed tend to swing to one side compared to last yr trip. RPM4500, 110 km/h.

With your upgrade of rim to 17", your car should be lower and the stable feeling should be the same when high speed corning....my 2cts
nickf601
nickf601

Back to top Go down

Post by zachery707 Mon 25 Apr 2011, 7:19 pm

Wah Bro Nick, you corner very fast ah, seems like your spring very good lei.so no need to change type r lor, now your freed is TYPE R! Hahaha....
zachery707
zachery707

Back to top Go down

Post by wowgadgets Mon 25 Apr 2011, 9:32 pm

nickf601 wrote:bro wow, not sure about Tien S Tech Spring but tested with RSR when driving up Karak highway and enjoy the ride when corning up and down last week. I do not feel my Freed tend to swing to one side compared to last yr trip. RPM4500, 110 km/h.

With your upgrade of rim to 17", your car should be lower and the stable feeling should be the same when high speed corning....my 2cts

Hello nick,
thanks for sharing, PM me the damage and location for this poison.
Btw, whats your rims size now?
17 inches rims is safe with this springs?

Cheers,
Gary
wowgadgets
wowgadgets

Back to top Go down

Post by K3n Tue 26 Apr 2011, 8:50 am

wowgadgets wrote:
nickf601 wrote:bro wow, not sure about Tien S Tech Spring but tested with RSR when driving up Karak highway and enjoy the ride when corning up and down last week. I do not feel my Freed tend to swing to one side compared to last yr trip. RPM4500, 110 km/h.

Hello nick,

Cheers,
Gary

Bro Gary,

I think Bro nick is still using the original 14". Now the question is how low our 17" can go... Anyway cornering at 110km/h for FREED is very impressive...
K3n
K3n

Back to top Go down

Post by wowgadgets Tue 26 Apr 2011, 10:44 am

K3n wrote:
wowgadgets wrote:

Hello nick,

Cheers,
Gary

Bro Gary,

I think Bro nick is still using the original 14". Now the question is how low our 17" can go... Anyway cornering at 110km/h for FREED is very impressive...
Laughing

Wanna try?? bounce
wowgadgets
wowgadgets

Back to top Go down

Post by DADDYCOOL Tue 26 Apr 2011, 11:57 am

" Wanna try?? "

I just signed a pledge at my regular SHELL Station to practice safe driving!!! Twisted Evil

To keep SG roads safe for my family and other road users! cheers

so am afraid its a no go for me!
Evil or Very Mad
DADDYCOOL
DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Post by nickf601 Tue 26 Apr 2011, 3:51 pm

wowgadgets wrote:

Hello nick,

Cheers,
Gary

$640, Garage R
my rim 15"

No harm to check with them.
May make your car look like F1 car !!!!

BTW the coils were designed and tested to replace our model's org coils. RSR JPN even have GB4 model coils (4WD). Those were small effort put in but important for the driver safety. Other brand/oem may just manu similar one to fix many models but are cheaper. That your choice.

nickf601
nickf601

Back to top Go down

Post by nickf601 Tue 26 Apr 2011, 4:08 pm

[quote="K3n"][quote="wowgadgets"]

Bro Gary,

bro k3n, with 17" you can feel the stability, that good, then no need to change.
nickf601
nickf601

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next